We are pleased you have decided to apply for a scholarship! Please read the following information in its entirety to learn more about the scholarships, what is expected and important dates.
Scholarships are awarded with preference to members of First United Methodist Church of Phoenix for post-secondary education. The applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college, university or vocational-technical school. Preference will be given to first year students, and after their needs are met, upper classmen and graduate students will be considered, subject to the availability of funds and history of awards.
The amount of an individual’s scholarship for one calendar year is limited to up to $3,000 with a maximum of $12,000 total from five (5) scholarship awards. Scholarship awards can range from $500 to $3,000 for the calendar year contingent on the applicant’s level of participation in ministries, civic/work activities, academic success, and financial need. All scholarships are subject to availability of funds.
The amount of an individual’s scholarship for one calendar year is limited to $7,000 with a maximum of $21,000 total to be awarded within a seven-year period. All scholarships are subject to the availability of funds. Theological applicants should contact the church office for application information.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum grade point of 2.0 based on a 4.0 scale
- Active and consistent participation at First Church and/or other ministries
- Active and consistent participation beyond the classroom with the community, post-secondary institution and/or work
- Thorough, personal response so the selection committee gets to know you
- Complete an accurate application
Important Dates and Requirements
- Applications will be available online January 6, 2020.
- Applications are to be submitted electronically only.
- Deadline for applications for the 2020-2021 academic year is 4 p.m. on Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Please submit a photo of yourself with your application.
- Applicants will receive an electronic confirmation that the application has been received. If the confirmation is not received, contact the Business Administrator in the church office immediately.
- Applicants are to forward the electronic confirmation that the application has been received to the Business Administrator in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the Business Administrator if you are applying for the fifth (5) time.
- For additional information or questions, please contact the church office.
Thank you for your interest! Award recipients will be announced in May 2020.