At First Church, nothing is more important to us than the safety and security of your children. That’s why we’ve chosen KidCheck as our children’s check-in solution to bring you the best check-in experience and to allow us to partner with you to keep your children safe. Additionally, we’re excited to share we will be using KidCheck Express Check-In, which allows you to check-in right from your own phone – no waiting in line, no check-in station! You will need to check in for the first time with your 10 digit phone number at a check-in station. Then after that you can use Express Check-In.
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 3 months – 3 years old: We offer loving and highly trained professionals for our babies and toddlers, newborn through four years of age, Sunday mornings and during many programs. Professional care is provided from Arizona Lullaby Guild.
Children’s Ministry at First Church is all about experiencing the love of Jesus. It is our hope that children will receive this love through relationships, and the stories of our faith.
9:10 a.m. to 9:55 a.m.
- Preschool (ages 3-4): This class is all about allowing young kids to explore faith concepts the way they know best – through play!
- Lower Elementary (kindergarten – 2nd grade): This class uses engaging curriculum to relate to kids with entertaining and theology-targeted Bible stories, helping kids learn to seek faith and understanding through the Bible’s message.
- Upper Elementary (3rd – 5th grade): This class is designed to enhance the stories of The Bible as they prepare to strengthen and grow in their faith.
10:05 a.m. to 10:55 a.m.
- Kids Crafts (ages 4 years – 5th grade): This group is for children who need a creative outlet between services.
- First Kids Choir (kindergarten – 5th grade): This choir sings a wide variety of styles. We perform in worship services throughout the year and are featured performers on holidays and special church events.
11 a.m. to noon
- Children ages 4 years – 5th grade are part of worship in the sanctuary. Children may sit with their families and age appropriate activities are provided in bins near the back of the sanctuary.
- The First Church Cherubs rehearse every Thursday afternoon from 2:30 – 3 p.m. They perform in a worship service about once every six weeks. This group is for ages 3-5 and is open to all children in our community.
- The First Kids’ Choir rehearse every Sunday morning from 10:05 – 10:50 a.m. between worship services. This group is for singers in Kindergarten – 5th grade and is open to all children in our community.