First Church offers a variety of Sunday School classes to fit everyone’s needs. Gathering in a small to mid-size class lets you connect with others and offers a sense of belonging. As you study the curriculum’s, your love and knowledge about God will grow. Everyone is invited to attend.
Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
- Ages 50+: Cafe & OJ (Wesley Lounge) ages of 50s and above, studies video curriculum selected by the class
Sundays at 10:05 a.m.
- Ages 20s – 40s: The Table (Epworth Room) ages 20s-40s, studies different topics relating to all areas of life
- All ages: Talking It Over Class (room 102) all ages, explores and discusses the morning sermon
- All ages: Upper Room Class (room 114) all ages, studies Books of the Bible
- All Ages: Faith for Today (Centennial room) all ages, for current and timely conversations about religion and church life
Weekday Adult Opportunities
No matter what your age in life, you are invited to join the men’s or women’s groups that meet during the week throughout the year. We have many opportunities for developing relationships through our Women’s and Men’s programs. For more information on how to get involved, please call (602) 263-5013 or email us.
- Covenant Sisters
- United Methodist Women
Men and Women’s Classes
- SWAG (Second Wednesday Adult Group) We gather at 11 a.m. in Asbury Hall for a program with lunch to follow and of course, it all takes place on the second Wednesday of the month starting in October – May.
- Prayer Quilting
- Afternoon Book Group
- Baby Blanket Knitters
- Chancel Choir
- Praise Band
- T’ai Chi Chih class
- Sewing Matters
- Congregational Care
- Library Committee
- Grief Support Group