Welcome Home! Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, let First United Methodist Church be your home. We are an accepting, engaging church with programs designed for all stages in life. Whether you're a longtime believer looking for a church, a curious skeptic wary of organized religion, or someone who just wants to belong, First Church will greet you with open doors.
To see why we LOVE First Church, please click here.
To learn more, please click here.
The beauty of our sanctuary sets the tone for worship that is both awe-inspiring and warmly personal. Strong preaching is at the heart of our intergenerational services.
- Our praise band leads the music at 9 a.m.
- The chancel choir and organ lead the music at the 11 a.m. service.
- Music at both services is augmented by various children and youth choirs, hand bells, vocal and instrumental soloists.
- The goal of worship at First is to help us experience God's love and grow in our love.
Communion is celebrated at both services on the first Sunday of each month. Throughout the year there are special services focused on prayer, healing, and special holy days.
First United Methodist Church is located in Central Phoenix on the corner of Missouri and Central Avenues. Look for the tall, white tower!
5510 North Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012
First church offers several opportunities for children to learn about God and grow with other children. We have Sunday School for children at all services. We encourage you to visit our programs this weekend!
- We offer childcare for 3 months - 3 years old
- Sunday school classes are offered for children ages 4 - 5th grade
- To learn more about the Children and Youth Choirs click here to learn more!
- To learn more about Children's classes click here to learn more!